Sunday, November 16, 2008

The things we learn from our kids!


The other day I was getting frustrated about silly things because I was really tired and grouchy. I'm sure some of you know how that goes. So...I yelled at Ana for some goofy thing she was doing when it was totally unnecessary. I immediately felt bad for doing so and apologized. Here's how the conversation went....
Me: Ana, I'm really sorry I yelled at you.
Ana: It's okay.
Me: No, it's really not okay, because I love you too much and it's never okay for me to get mad and yell at you. Will you forgive me?
Ana: (without even thinking about it) Of course, Mom. I'll always forgive because you're my mom and I love you. That's what I'm supposed to do. I'll always forgive you and dad.

WOW!!! I cried of course because I was extremely touched by her generous forgiveness towards me after being so ugly. It's nice to know that our kids love us in spite of all our weaknesses. I guess it's just another proof about how much God loves his little children and that we should be more like them. If only all of us were as forgiving as they are and could love everyone. Thanks for showing me this lesson again Ana! I love you!!!

5 comments:

amberjill said...

wow! she is a cutie!! holy crap you are in trouble! AND she's so sweet! i sometimes wonder why my kids still get excited to see me when I can be so ugly to them! so sweet!

Ang said...

Sweet story, and I can totally relate to your experience. I love that kids can literally forget about how naughty we can be and forgive us. That's why we're supposed to become like little children!

Jessica said...

That's cute. I'll definitely remember your book. I feel like such a jerk for having it so long. It's just been sitting on my nightstand. I'm surprised you haven't slapped me for having it so long!

Carissa J said...

That is so sweet. What a great reminder!

Jensen Memories said...

You and James have been such great examples to all of your children. Look at what they have learned from watching you. What wonderful parents!!! I know the day will come when Kendyllee will have the opportunity to put me in my place. What sweet children you have.