Monday, March 29, 2010
My birthday girls!
Ana joined our family as one of the best birthday presents a mother could ask for. Ana Jenelle Hoopes was born on my 22nd birthday and it was so fun. Teancum was so excited to finally be a big brother and smothered her to no end. He hugged and kissed, and hugged and kissed no matter how much we tried to stop him with his sick little self (he had a cold at the time). It was too cute! She was a beautiful little baby with TONS of dark hair and fairly dark skin. We got teased a little by the nurse that she wouldn't have believed she was ours if she hadn't witnessed the delivery. She was beautiful and still is.
9 things I love about Ana....
1. Her love for learning. She always asks questions and wants to learn...learn...learn!!!!
2. Her sweet spirit. She loves to look at the children's songbook to read the songs and teach family home evening lessons for us. She has such an amazing little testimony.
3. She is a loving sister. She is so good at helping out her younger sisters and teaching them their letters and numbers while they play school.
4. She is a good friend. She has friends at school that she just adores and always wants to play with. She comes home at least every other week with something that one of her friends made for her.
5. She is helpful to me. Ana is pretty good at helping me around the house, even if it is just cleaning the bathroom.
6. She loves to be loved. She can't stand to be alone at night and wants lots of love and attention.
7. She is one smart cookie! Her teachers always rave about what a good student she is and such a good example to her classmates. She does extremely well and they have a hard time giving her ideas of things to improve on.
8. She loves to read. I love watching her sit down an read a book and get really excited about it. I wish I was more like that at her age!
9. She is one beautiful gal that I can't imagine my life without. I love seeing her beautiful face and smile each day!!!!
5 years ago last monday I gave birth to a beautiful little angel we named Rebekah Janae Hoopes. She was a stubborn thing from the start seeing as she was #4 and took the longest of all the kids to arrive here for us. She decided to make life a little more complicated for me as I tried to get her into this world. She was posterior and caused a lot of pain to the point where I finally broke down and got myself an epideral. She finally came at 8:30 in the evening and we couldn't have been more pleased with her. Tank, Ana, and Jarom all loved her from the beginning. I remember they were so worried because the nurses wrapped her up in the little blanket without a diaper on. They were so concerned that she would pee on them that they weren't really happy until she was diapered properly. Funny kids.
5 of my favorite things about Beka...
1. She has a beautiful smile that really lights up a room.
2. She has such a love for music and dancing. There isn't a place on the planet that she won't sing or dance.
3. She is such a good big sister who tries to help whenever she can.
4. She has a big heart. It kills her to see people sad and she will even cry with them on occasion.
5. She is such a princess. She loves pretty dresses and wearing make-up (which only consists of clear lip gloss).
I just love my little Rebekah and the joy she brings to our family!