Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Teancum!

What a handsome kid he is. I can still remember waiting and waiting for Teancum to arrive in this beautiful world of ours. He was supposed to be born on June 1, 1999 but as many 1st time moms I was not on time. The doctor induced me early in the morning on June 9 (arrived at the hospital at approximately 1:30 a.m.). After a little while of labor pains from the horrible PIT, I got a shot of some demerol and drifted into a peaceful bliss just waiting for my son. The doctor came in and checked my progress and thought it would be another couple of hours...WRONG!!! Tank decided it was time and about 20 minutes later he was born. At 11:06 a.m. Teancum joined our family as the firstborn to love and protect his younger siblings who would come later on. He has always been such a joy in my life. He won't ever let me forget when he was 2 days old and I changed his diaper for the first time, he peed on me and pooped in my hand because I wasn't fast enough at getting the diaper underneath. I've learned my lesson and he'll never let me live it down. For 3 nights he woke up between 2-5 a.m. and the only thing that would calm him was laying on James bare chest. It was adorable and I loved to just sit and watch for awhile as my boys laid there perfectly content. I love Teancum and the wonderful example he's been to his brother and sisters. I love to see how much they love him too. Tank...I'm so glad you chose to come to our family. I can't imagine what my life would be like without you in it. I love you! 

3 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Happy bday Teancum. i can't believe your 9. You boys are growing up soooo fast! love you

Vonnie said...

I love you Teancum. You are almost big enough to put in the shrinking machine. You are growing up way too fast as far as I am concerned. I want you to be a little boy. Quit growing up so fast!

Pam said...

Teancum, Happy Birthday. Like your mom, I too remember the day you were born. I sat in the waiting room thinking it would be hours and before you know it, your daddy tapped on the window and I got to come in and see you. I loved you from the very first sight of you....it is a feeling I will never forget. You are a wonderful young man, a great example not only to your brothers and sisters, but to the adults in your life too....Hugs and kisses!!