Saturday, June 14, 2008

A little thought

David O. McKay said " Every person who lives in this world weilds an influence, whether for good or for evil. It is not what he says alone; it is not alone what he does. It is what he is...Every person radiates what he or she really is...It is what we are and what we radiate that affects the people around us." I read this the other when doing my scripture study and it really hit me like a ton of bricks. I think I need to really pay more attention to what I "radiate" by how those around me react and work on being better. I love when I read or hear things that make me want to be better. Hopefully I can be more of the person I should be so that people will want to be around me.

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

That is a very inspiring quote by President McKay. He is my 1st prophet so he holds a place in my heart. I agree with him and with you Erin. I will try a little harder every day to be a kinder, gentler person.

Pam said...

Erin, what a great quote. We do have such a profound affect on those around us...sometimes we just don't realize how much of an affect. Personally...I already love being around you. = )